Report suspicious activity
Topics covered in this article
The vast majority of customers you will meet from us are trustworthy. If you happen to come across a situation that seems sketchy or you're not sure about please be sure to let us know.
When should I report something?
It's always a good idea to be careful about your personal information — especially online.
Let us know if a customer asks you to:
- Share private information such as your social security number or banking information.
- Wire funds to your bank, or send money through a wire service such as Western Union or Moneygram.
- Receive payment for your services through an unfamiliar payment service, or third party.
- Contact or forward the money to another party.
- Pay another professional with the money they paid you.
- If the customer pays you more money than agreed upon.
All of these are typical signs of online scams. These are common across the internet, especially on platforms that allow people to connect with other people.
How do I send a report?
Sending a report is important for us to maintain our high level of trust and safety we provide. Here's how to report a customer:
- Log into your account.
- Click Messages on the left navigation panel
- Click the customer you want to report
- Click the three dot menu next to the job status dropdown at the top of the chat log.
- Click Report
- Follow the prompts to select the reason for your report.
- Click Submit
Your report will be reviewed with in 48 hours. If any further action is required we will reach out to you via email.
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
Thank you for helping us build and maintain a trustworthy community and please contact us if you have any questions.