Report suspicious activity
Topics covered in this article
The vast majority of customers you will meet from us are trustworthy. If you happen to come across a situation that seems sketchy or you're not sure about please be sure to let us know.
When should I report something?
It's always a good idea to be careful about your personal information — especially online.
Let us know if a customer asks you to:
- Share private information such as your social security number or banking information.
- Wire funds to your bank, or send money through a wire service such as Western Union or Moneygram.
- Receive payment for your services through an unfamiliar payment service, or third party.
- Contact or forward the money to another party.
- Pay another professional with the money they paid you.
Or if the customer pays you more money than agreed upon.
How do I send a report?
Sending a report is important for us to maintain our high level of trust and safety we provide.
Here's how to report something:
- Go to your Inbox and find the full name of the customer
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click Contact on this page
- Please provide the customers full name and let us know the reason for your report
- Click Send
It takes us 48 hours or less to review your report and let you know the steps we took.
Thank you for helping us build and maintain a trustworthy community and please contact us if you have any questions.